Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Syndicate (BBC 1)

Options
  • 19-03-2013 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭

Season 2 starts tonight at 9pm
    Mark Addy, Siobhan Finneran, Natalie Gavin, Jimi Mistry and Alison Steadman will star in the second series of BBC One’s drama The Syndicate, written by Bafta award-winning writer Kay Mellor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I enjoyed it. I wasn't sure about the opening 10 minutes, it was almost like the characters were caricatures but it got much better as it went along. Seems to be the potential for interesting plots for each character and it provided a few great moments (best being the group celebration after they got the ticket off the non-rugby player). Also an hour of Siobhan Finneran in a leading role was always going to be a joy to watch, terrific actress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Series Two not season two, and I had no idea that this wasn't new. Typical Kay Mellor, all tears and laughter oop north.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I thought the previous series really ran out of steam, and it looks like a near identical plot this time. Decent cast, but it seems like a very lazy re-commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

The third season of BBC One’s lotto drama The Syndicate will premiere on Tuesday June 2nd at 9pm

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2015/05/bbc-one-sets-premiere-date-for-the-syndicate-season-3/

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

Missed the first two seasons of this, but started watching the new one.

Both Episode 1 and 2 have been a really good hour's TV. Nice mix of Comedy moments and Drama. Lenny Henry is superb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I really enjoyed the first two series, going to catch up on the first two episodes of 3 this weekend

God this series is not working at all. The stupid parallel storyline, Lenny Henry is evening wrecking my head

That's it now, ffs
    Lenny Henry character is brought in by the police to help crack what country and bank an IBAN number is from!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

That's it now, ffs
    Lenny Henry character is brought in by the police to help crack what country and bank an IBAN number is from!!

That's Sir Lenny to you. They just wanted to show up their own lads in IT who may have been doing what IT depts do everywhere - not much but take a long time doing it and pretend it's complicated if anyone asks.
    And the missing bits and pieces are down to the staff being on the rob - Lady Muck finally gets something right.
    The Syndicate is a comedy. Nothing more, nothing less.

That's Sir Lenny to you. They just wanted to show up their own lads in IT who may have been doing what IT depts do everywhere - not much but take a long time doing it and pretend it's complicated if anyone asks.
    And the missing bits and pieces are down to the staff being on the rob - Lady Muck finally gets something right.
    The Syndicate is a comedy. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is what happens when u put an IBAN into any free IBAN checker, surely any detective would know this, there would be no need for IT? I prefer my "comedy" with a bit more realism but am glad you're enjoying it. Were the first two comedies, I don't remember them being funny at all but they were good dramas?

Result
    This is a valid IBAN.
    IBAN: IE26AIBK931047xxxxxxxx
    BIC: AIBKIE2D
    Bank: AIB Bank
    100-101 Grafton Street Dublin 2
    Data valid as of: 6. 4. 2015 (April 6, 2015).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

This is what happens when u put an IBAN into any free IBAN checker, surely any detective would know this? I prefer my "comedy" with a bit more realism but am glad your enjoying it

Result
    This is a valid IBAN.
    IBAN: IE26AIBK931047xxxxxxxx
    BIC: AIBKIE2D
    Bank: AIB Bank
    100-101 Grafton Street Dublin 2
    Data valid as of: 6. 4. 2015 (April 6, 2015).

Sure, and the sort code contained gives you the bank branch. In my case, it'd be Dame Street. The a/c holder identity isn't included. In reality a quick phone call from a chief super to said bank with the legal paperwork arriving in tandem would secure that info - no computer wizardry required.
    It was just an excuse for a sideswipe at the guys in IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The fourth season of The Syndicate will premiere on BBC One on Tuesday March 30th at 9pm, it has been announced.

Created by Kay Mellor, The Syndicate follows the lives of a group of ordinary people who hit it big with a lottery jackpot. The drama series is produced by Rollem Productions and stars Neil Morrissey, Emily Head, Taj Atwal, Katherine Rose Morley, Kieran Urquhart, Liberty Hobbs, Joe Sugg, Mark Benton, Gaynor Faye, Katie McGlynn, Kym Marsh, Andrew Dunn and Lorraine Bruce.

Source TV Wise

Advertisement