Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I'm 19 searching for a job, Need advice.

• 19-03-2013 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi, I am 19 and have been searching for a job for a while now with no luck. I would honestly go for anything as my money situations are desperately tight but still have found nothing. I have been handing out CV's to different shops and applying to any vacancy that I can find but it seems that my lack of retail experience is greatly getting in the way. The only experience I have at the moment is in web development but my skills wouldn't be great enough to get a proper job in that area. I am finishing college soon and am hoping to have a job by that time so I will be able to help out my parents a little so if anyone has any advice for me or even know of any vacancies in the north Dublin area it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

I would suggest applying for a jobbridge placement that interests you. It will get you the experience you are looking for and you will get an extra €50 on your social welfare payment. I did it and ended up getting a paid job at the end of it. It gets mixed reports- some people say it's equivalent to slave labour but I found it very useful.

Hope that helps!

Jennifer

http://jobbridge.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bayraymooney

Thanks, I'll have a look into it

Advertisement