Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACA CPD Requirements

Options
  • 19-03-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭

I have read the guidelines but am still unsure of how many hours I need.

I currently work in practice and am based full time in a clients office working in their finance office.

How many hours structured and unstructured should I be aiming for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Still depends on your situation in work, will you return after the secondment and what section you will be based on.

At the moment you should stick to doing 20 hours structured and 50 unstructured and geared towards the specific industry / finance area you are currently based in.

That is the input method. You have make an average of 20 & 50 over a three year period if the CAI ever come calling.

If you don't think the input method is for you or you will attain it then you could opt for the output method and plan your career and development path, ie where you see yourself in 5 years and how to get there by developing your skills. Set gaols, document them and review your development.

I would imagine in your situation depending on the company that you will get them to contribute to structured CPD hours that will help your development and you can attain unstructured hours from just about anything remotely accountancy driven, ie reading accountancy ireland magazines...

Advertisement