Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fas drop wages?

Options
  • 19-03-2013 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭

my mate started fas today

and normaly its 188e if your receiving full benefits from the social welfare
    hes 19years old
    and he recieves 100 off the social welfare
    he only finished a fas course 2 months ago and he was getting the full 188e
    now they have dropped it to 160e?
    can anyone confirm this is true because i find nothing mentioned online after googling it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

There is information on the fee's here, it seems that from 1 January 2013 FÁS no longer pay €188, but instead €160.

http://www.fas.ie/en/Allowances+and+Grants/Training+Allowances/default.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

I thought Fas was disbanded because of all the money wasting ... thought it was renamed to Solas !!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

I was Made redundant in aug 11 and I've just started my second fas course since aug11, my query is that I thought anyone who was 12mths and over long term dole was to get an extra €20 , I was told because I've not reached the end of my jsa that I'm not entitled to it to which I made the point of it not being much of a kick on to retrain and that I'd be better off sat at home festering, his response was that "they ( the government ) only wanted people under 25 to do the course's cause it costs them less"
    Does anyone know if I'd be entitled to the €20 or am I on a hiding to nothing .. The money would of came in handy for travel (60ml round trip)
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Hoboo

denlaw wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I'd be entitled to the €20 or am I on a hiding to nothing .. The money would of came in handy for travel (60ml round trip)
    Thanks

If you go to 10 different people in Fas and Social Welfare theyll all give you a different answer ! Useless shower of *****.

In answer to your question I dont know, but you need to kick and scream and keep going in until you get the result youre after.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

Hoboo wrote: »

If you go to 10 different people in Fas and Social Welfare theyll all give you a different answer ! Useless shower of *****.

In answer to your question I dont know, but you need to kick and scream and keep going in until you get the result youre after.
    Cheers , his info was wrong , I've just looked up that link and it says anyone on jsb OR jsa over 12 mths in entitled to said payment, he shall be informed in the morning ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Acccording to what I've been told you're only able to get that study allowance on the first course you do. Would be nice if it was a standard allowance.

Would also be nice if they didn't think that allowances like fuel could only be payed from the date they had a form signed by Social Welfare instead of backdating to the start of the course as I'd initially been lead to believe. Been meaning to get that checked cos it sounds .like rubbish to me.

Advertisement