Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys Refuse to Collect washing machine as agreed.

Options
  • 19-03-2013 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

I posted this in the Currys tak to, but thought it would suit here too while I wait for a reply from the Currys reps.

On Tuesday 12th of this Month, myself and the wife purchased a Bosch washing machine in Currys/PC World. We spent an extra €60 on a a new clothes iron too, because the sales rep (<SNIP>) was really good at his job and couldn't have been more helpful. We wanted to take the washing machine home that day, because we had the Zafira on hand. We almost decided to buy elsewhere, because they didn't have the stock on location, but the sales guy was very good to deal with and was very knowledgeable about the various machines, so we purchased the machine and arranged for a Thursday delivery.

KnowHow (the delivery company i think is owned by Currys) called my wife on Wednesday, on a blocked number and said delivery would be on the Thursday between 3pm & 6pm. My wife said that wouldn't suit, because she would be out with the kids after 3pm and to arrange for the Friday instead. The girl was to call back to confirm this and while she did try to call back (we think), the number was blocked and my wife missed the call and could not phone back. I had arranged to be home for 3pm anyway, so it was OK for them to deliver between 3 & 6.

The old washing machine was installed under the stairs behind a closed, full length door. I had disconnected the washing machine that morning and for safety reasons, decided not to take the door off the hinges until I got home at 3pm when the kids would be out with my wife. The door needed to be taken off the hinges to get the washing machine out, because the control knob would have been in the way. In hind-sight however, the delivery could have just ripped the control knob off the machine, but that's a different argument. My wife phoned me at 2:31pm to tell me that the delivery was taking place. I started to make my way home from the office a little early (I work locally). At 2:44pm my wife called again to say that the delivery guys could not get the old washing machine out from under the stairs (something I knew already, because the door had to be unhinged) and that we could call them later to pick it up when the machine was out. I told her I was just around the corner and could take the door off the hinges in a minute, but the delivery guys were leaving. I arrived home at 2:45pm as the lads were getting getting into their truck.

The new machine was in the kitchen, with the transport bolts still in place (not an issue, but they were to be removed when delivered). To remove the old machine, I took the door off the hinges (a 2 minute job) and pulled the machine out into the hallway. I manouvered the new machine into place, removed the transport bolts and hooked it up. Works just fine. That's where the real messing began.

My wife called the number given (a UK number) to arrange for collection of the old machine. This was at about 4pm on the Thursday. She got through to the number after a few attempts and was given an Irish number to call. She tried calling several times on Friday, Saturday and Today, but got no answer. We tried to find the number for the Airside, Swords store and could only find a central 1890 number. My wife called and got through to some girl and explained the situation. The girl suggested she leave the washing machine out on the driveway for someone to collect (she was referring to travellers), which my wife got a bit annoyed about, because the girl was basically saying that she didn't want to deal with it. The girl said that she would put my wife through to a guy that could arrange collection. 20 minutes of being on hold later, my wife is speaking to some Asian guy with an attitude and a tone I could hear from upstairs. I took the phone, because I am calm and spoke to <SNIP> (wrong spelling perhaps). I explained to him that the delivery was a day early and that the delivery guys had said to call and they would come to collect the old machine, no problem. <SNIP> said that the machine was not ready for collection and that we could have refused delivery, so they did not have to collect the old machine. I asked him finally, "are you refusing to collect the machine?". He said "yes". I informed him that I would be making a formal complaint and I fully intend to. This is customer service at its worst. The customer accommodates the delivery a whole day early and the company then refuse to collect the old machine. <SNIP> also tried to make out that the machine was not disconnected, but it was, because I had personally disconnected it that morning. It's 2 hoses and a plug for Gods sake, not exactly rocket science.

So, Currys; are you going to come on here and tell me that the customer is wrong? That we did not meet the criteria for collection of the old appliance? I just want to say here that we will never step foot in your store again, but wanted to give the opportunity to fix this error.

The delivery reference number is 7457028564 and it was a Bosch washing machine. That's all you should need. I will report back here all correspondence, positive, or negative. In the mean time, we have had a washing machine in our hallway, partially blocking access since Thursday afternoon. I will not leave it outside for travellers to do the job you are supposed to do. I am disgusted by this awfil treatment to customers who spent hundreds of euros in one of your stores. The dishwasher is next on the list, but we won't be going to Currys for that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please do not cross post the same topic in multiple forums. Closed.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement