Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pin Nailer

Options
  • 19-03-2013 6:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Where could i rent a pin nailer, planning on doing some wainscotting and it would be handy for the mouldings etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

Have you tried any power tool rental places?? I'd say they would rent them out(although I am not 100% certain as I've never needed to rent one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

Most hire centres have them. pretty dear for the day though i think 30-40 euros. you would drive a lot of pins with a hammer for that sort of dough, especially if its only one room.

Lidl sold a corded 18g nailer before for around 20euro so for 30 you'd have the nails and all... only bad thing about it was it didnt send the nails home but comes in handy if you dont mind going around afterwards with a punch. It would be a similar job to one of those tackwise ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I have a cheapo electric nail pinner and it won't drive the nails home 90% of the time.Are the air powered jobs much better ?

recipio wrote: »
    I have a cheapo electric nail pinner and it won't drive the nails home 90% of the time.Are the air powered jobs much better ?

I have a Clarke cheapo air nailer and honestly is as good if not better then paslode and dewalts ... The dewalt 18v I used to have would jam on the last 3 nails of every rack which got really annoying and the paslode I used to use batterys used to always randomly fall out or the connection wouldn't quite be right so it might take a few attempts to fire.... My £40 air nailer for machine mart hasn't let me down once so even though less people are using compressors on jobs ill stick to them for a few years longer.... Spesh if you compair a dewalts battery at 80+ euro to a whole nailer at 40 pound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

I'm not sure they would be rented out. They can be extremely dangerous if not used properly and if safety glasses aren't worn.

Just thinking back, I worked for a lad (whom had no experience) who managed to rent out one of those nail guns for steel that uses a cartridge so if he could rent one of them, I'm sure anyone could rent a pin nailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭saltandpepper10

slpower01 wrote: »
    I have a Clarke cheapo air nailer and honestly is as good if not better then paslode and dewalts ... The dewalt 18v I used to have would jam on the last 3 nails of every rack which got really annoying and the paslode I used to use batterys used to always randomly fall out or the connection wouldn't quite be right so it might take a few attempts to fire.... My £40 air nailer for machine mart hasn't let me down once so even though less people are using compressors on jobs ill stick to them for a few years longer.... Spesh if you compair a dewalts battery at 80+ euro to a whole nailer at 40 pound.

the non brand nails for a dewalt pinner wont fire the last few nails i discovered a few years ago dont have that issue with dewalt pins for whatever reason

the non brand nails for a dewalt pinner wont fire the last few nails i discovered a few years ago dont have that issue with dewalt pins for whatever reason

Mine would always jam on around the last 3 no matter what brand was in, I know a lad that has one and its his was the same, good gun but maybe early models had some faults.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

slpower01 wrote: »
    Mine would always jam on around the last 3 no matter what brand was in, I know a lad that has one and its his was the same, good gun but maybe early models had some faults.

I never had a problem with mine jamming on the last few pins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

i've the dewalt pinner, never had a problem with it jamming,
    another thing was air hoses were not wanted on sites due to being a trip hazard.
    health and safety gone mad again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

i've the dewalt pinner, never had a problem with it jamming,
    another thing was air hoses were not wanted on sites due to being a trip hazard.
    health and safety gone mad again.

Ye not allowed an air hose but every site has a solid layer of 110 leads on the ground going everywhere. And there afraid you will fall over the air hose.

Ye not allowed an air hose but every site has a solid layer of 110 leads on the ground going everywhere. And there afraid you will fall over the air hose.

And eventually it will include rcd protected 230v leads so twice as many cables to keep with EU law and allow the polish and latvians to use their tools here like England has had to do.... I wonder when Ireland will bring in a rule where EVERY power tool has to be cordless.

Advertisement