Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creationism in Ireland?

Options
  • 19-03-2013 2:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I'm always hearing about the massive creationist lobby in America, but I'm just wondering is there any sort of support for that idea in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

There's supposed to be a fair whack of it in Northern Ireland, but in fairness that lot up there have been loonies for decades.

Not an awful lot of it knocking about the republic as far as I've seen. It's hard enough getting Irish people to commit to even a mainstream religion (cf previous census religion question compared to every poll since showing most people don't really do Catholicism) so I doubt the kind of effort (or pre-frontal lobotomy) required to do creationism is all that appealing.

If you really, really want to know more, there are a couple of them over in the Christianity forum arguing their little hearts out that dinosaurs are a test of faith and all of science is a conspiracy and that there is evidence of a creator but they don't really want to show it to you. One of them might live in Ireland, and might know more. I'd suggest masturbating with a cheese grater instead though, as a more fulfilling alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dub63

I'll get the cheese grater then! That's good to hear anyway! Thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sarky wrote: »
    There's supposed to be a fair whack of it in Northern Ireland, but in fairness that lot up there have been loonies for decades.

Like that knob who was on the Creationist Road Trip programme:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

krudler wrote: »
    Like that knob who was on the Creationist Road Trip programme:

He sure was one angry little bunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

He sure was one angry little bunny.

Terrible sitchyeeashun so it was hey.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Check our long-running creationism "discussion" thread (now closed) here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67983001

And it's twisted offspring here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056883606

Now, I'm closing this before word gets out there's a new thread in town. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement