Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

itunes voucher bought in EU

Options
  • 19-03-2013 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi i was given a present of an itunes voucher which was bought within the EU.

However, i can't redeem it as it has to be redeemed in the original country of purchase.

Does anyone know if anything can be done so that it can be redeemed here?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,748 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

This is gonna sound really condescending but I don't intend it to be so - Have you tried contacting Apple directly? Perhaps they might have you scratch to reveal the code, and then credit you with the amount specified.

That's just a guess, and it would be the first thing I'd ask if they would be willing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭crazygirl101

You can set up an account from whatever country you got it from if you follow these steps..http://www.getusitunesaccount.com/ hope this helps, i did it with american/uk vouchers to buy tv programmes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Slightly off topic but anyway, interesting article in The Guardian at the weekend - Why won't Apple honour my iTunes giftcards?

Advertisement