Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA and fees help!

Options
  • 18-03-2013 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all,
    Last year i.e. 2012. I dropped out of a course in nuig. I am currently on job seekers allowance and I'm hoping to receive btea in September 2013 to pursue a different course. Will I have to pay full tuition fees? Any help would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

star_123 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Last year i.e. 2012. I dropped out of a course in nuig. I am currently on job seekers allowance and I'm hoping to receive btea in September 2013 to pursue a different course. Will I have to pay full tuition fees? Any help would be great thanks

Depends when you left NUIG. If you told them you were leaving after a couple of weeks you might be ok. If you left by Christmas you might only have to pay half the first years fees, much beyond that then you could be hit for the full amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 star_123

I left at the end of repeating year 2. I'm not going back to nuig. However, if I have to pay fees of 5000 euro upwards I wont be going back to education at all! The student contribution of 2250-2500 would be manageable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

star_123 wrote: »
    I left at the end of repeating year 2. I'm not going back to nuig. However, if I have to pay fees of 5000 euro upwards I wont be going back to education at all! The student contribution of 2250-2500 would be manageable though.

Chances are you could be hit for fees for two full years. But really do check with the admissions dept of the new college you are applying to.

Advertisement