Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with disability allowance

Options
  • 18-03-2013 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi all , my dad was on disability allowance after being hurt in a work accident.after an operation on his back he was unfit for work hence the d a.but then he participated in a course to keep himself active.when the course finished the social welfare informed him of a jobs club thing with a few hours work in the local town hall.he said he would give it a go so every1 was happy.unfortunately his back wasnt able for it and he had to pull out of it.then he was informed that because he participated in the jobs club his dissability allowance was cut.he has to wait 8 months for a review:mad: i think this is unfair and illegal.any thoughts welcome:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

hi all , my dad was on disability allowance after being hurt in a work accident.after an operation on his back he was unfit for work hence the d a.but then he participated in a course to keep himself active.when the course finished the social welfare informed him of a jobs club thing with a few hours work in the local town hall.he said he would give it a go so every1 was happy.unfortunately his back wasnt able for it and he had to pull out of it.then he was informed that because he participated in the jobs club his dissability allowance was cut.he has to wait 8 months for a review:mad: i think this is unfair and illegal.any thoughts welcome:D
    Make a formal written complaint . If not happy make a formal written appeal. If not happy go here

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bosie the Celt

thanks for the advice love coke.he made formal complaint and appeal which was turned down so he requested an oral appeal/hearing.he was told his appeal is pending an could take up to 8 months so we contacted the ombudsman and were told they couldnt interfere until after a decision from the oral appeal.its crazy and disgusting stalling tactics as far as i'm concerned his written appeal was accompanied with his doctor and surgeons report stating he is unfit for work.letters from these very same people were what enabled him to get dissability allowance in the first place but now their professional opinion is dissregarded.how can the state say my dad is fit to work when doctors say he isnt they have done this without even getting him examined by their own doctors it has to be illegal in this so-called democratic society

Advertisement