Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA after a non-voluntary resignation?

Options
  • 18-03-2013 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Here is the story:

I'm doing a course starting at the end of this month and am currently working a part time job in a retailer.

I have a lot of money saved for the course and am relying on the credit union for the last couple of hundred euro. The job will help my chances to get that loan.

The thing is, one of my course days is on a Saturday and I am a weekender in the job. They told me today that since the place isn't doing so well, they cannot accommodate me by fitting in hours and that I'd need to hand in my notice if I were to continue with the course.

That is fair enough, but now I have no money to pay the loan I need for the rest of the course. The JSA claim won't be for another 6 weeks or so, no?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Reading here that I will most likely be disqualified for at least 9 weeks unless there are special circumstances. I'm not sure if this would count though?

My course is an evening course (7-11pm) so I would technically be eligible for full time work, with the exception of one day.

Advertisement