Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is street parking free today? (march 18th)

Options
  • 18-03-2013 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I checked the Dublin City website, and while it says parking is free on Bank Holidays, it then lists the Bank Holidays ... and today is not one of those dates. Does anyone know if parking is free today, or will I come back to my car later with a big fat yellow clamp?! Had a quick nosey at the other cars around me, and none of them had tickets in their windows, so it would seem to be free ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

try putting money in the machine ....if it accepts it ...its pay parking, if it doesn't...then you are free to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Are you sure ? Pretty sure I saw some tourists putting money in a machine after 7pm and I went over and told them it was free after 7. Machine had still accepted some coins though. At least that is the way it seemed, machines in Dublin CC, perhaps different in Cork ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

not all places in Dublin finish at 7pm (some are 24hr) ...and in Cork we use disc parking - at least I do !

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

RATM wrote: »
    Are you sure ? Pretty sure I saw some tourists putting money in a machine after 7pm and I went over and told them it was free after 7. Machine had still accepted some coins though. At least that is the way it seemed, machines in Dublin CC, perhaps different in Cork ?
    Check the time on the ticket that they got; if it's pay parking 7:00-19:00, after 19:00 you'll be paying for hours after 7:00, if that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭car.kar

Thanks for the replies, parking was free. Although I was informed by AA roadwatch that the machines accept coins at all times, whether or not it's paid parking hours. Cheeky w***kers ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement