Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is my Mattress Groupon???

Options
  • 18-03-2013 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have a bit of consumer bother with Groupon and require a bit of advice.

I ordered a mattress on the 2/3/13 and they stated that it would take no more than 10 working days to deliver - well that passed last Friday (15/3/13)

I phoned the mattress provider, based in the UK, but they informed me that they only deal with Groupon issues in the case of a return. They did admit that they are the company providing the mattress but at this point it was groupons problem and advised me to discuss this with them.

As money was taken directly from my paypal account when I ordered I informed Groupon that I would have to commence a transaction dispute shortly, and gave a date of next Friday (22/3/13).

Anyway, several emails have been sent back and forth, but to cut to the point groupon have stated that there is indeed a delay with my order and are unable to give me an amended delivery date. Only that they need a further 10 days to look into the problem with their business partner.

I explained that the original delivery time has passed and will still need to commence with the dispute by friday, but will cease the dispute with groupon are able to resolve the issue before paypal come to any conclusions.

However groupon have come back to me again stating that if I proceed with a paypal dispute then delivery could be delayed further.

Am I being paranoid, but was this a threat?

I feel that because they did not deliver when they said they were going to coupled by the fact that a new date is not forthcoming entitles me to enter a dispute.

Why would a paypal dispute affect a delivery already (supposedly) is process?

Or am I just being a bit daft?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭OU812

My own experience, you will get it, but it's going to take time. They probably ran the offer multiple territory, particularly if the supplier is in the UK.

They'll be manufacturing them over the estimates amount groupon said (they would have been very conservative so as not to worry the supplier).

Groupon will make about 25%, the supplier will make about 10% & you will eventually get your mattress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Ok, I got hold of the courier number from the distributor.

They told me that groupon gave them the wrong contact information which resulted in a delay. They then delivered my mattress today.

I asked groupon about this. They explained that the information that I was told was incorrect.

Well someone is telling porkies but I don't really care anymore as I have a lovely new mattress at a cut down price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 vampira

I'm glad you got your mattress, I ordered an android tablet on the 27/2 supposed to be delivered within 7 working days, I'm still waiting...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

vampira wrote: »
    I'm glad you got your mattress, I ordered an android tablet on the 27/2 supposed to be delivered within 7 working days, I'm still waiting...........

Make a fuss.

I genuinely feel that the delay would have gone on longer if I didn't conctact not only groupon, but it's partner (bed centre uk) and its courier (direct deliveries) directly.

Advertisement