Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV upgrade?

Options
  • 18-03-2013 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've got CCTV at my home at the moment- few dome cameras 700tvl and an Apollo hd series dvr. I'm thinking of upgrading to hd ptz camera on the front of the house and my question is: will the Apollo dvr support the hd ptz camera and will it work alongside the other regular domes. The existing cameras are all connected with CAT 5 cable ...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I could be wrong here but the apollo HD is just a standard dvr that records at D1. You would need to upgrade the dvr to get any benefit of the hd domes.
    It can't even use the full resolution of the 700 tvl domes

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭miss_daisy

Jnealon wrote: »
    I could be wrong here but the apollo HD is just a standard dvr that records at D1. You would need to upgrade the dvr to get any benefit of the hd domes.
    It can't even use the full resolution of the 700 tvl domes

Oh really, I didn't know that? :rolleyes: there is a port at the back of my Apollo for a hdmi cable, I wonder should I be using that to connect it to the tv instead of the normal cable?

Sorry for wandering off there.. Ok, so I know I might have to upgrade my dvr now but I'm still wondering will the system work with one ptz camera and the rest standard domes?

Also, would you recommend a good quality ptz camera.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

A standard ptz will work just fine with your current dvr, a hd ptz will not.
    Regarding choice of dome you are kind of limited to what the dvr supports, unless you go for a seperate controller.
    The qvis/dahua/icrealtime ptz should work with the apollo

Advertisement