Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox - Can you use a scratched CD to startup an installed game?

Options
  • 18-03-2013 6:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

My xbox 360 game got scratched and now it gets stuck on one of the startup screens. Would I be able to rent the game, install it on my XBox then use my scratched CD when it asks me to insert the CD to play the game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lets ask the guys in the xbox forum. :)

Thread moved to Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

BogMonkey wrote: »
    My xbox 360 game got scratched and now it gets stuck on one of the startup screens. Would I be able to rent the game, install it on my XBox then use my scratched CD when it asks me to insert the CD to play the game?

Yes. If you have it installed, all you need to launch it is the license info from the disc, which is stored in the innermost ring at the centre and rarely gets scratched. Rent, install and go nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It depends on where the scratch is. If the section of the disc that the console uses to verify it is scratched then even an installed game won't boot. Considering though that your getting to one of the startup screens, it should be fine to rent & install :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Rent game, accidentally swap rented game with scratched disk.

Accidents happen. Especially since they don't put any form of identifications on the DVD's themselves, its hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Xcellor wrote: »

Accidents happen. Especially since they don't put any form of identifications on the DVD's themselves, its hard to know.

I've definitely seen barcode stickers on disks before in XV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I've definitely seen barcode stickers on disks before in XV.
    Its also a dickish thing to do

Meesared wrote: »
    Its also a dickish thing to do

Extremely. Also, the question has been answered a few times over now, and we've not seen another post from OP. Does this thread really need to stay open?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Extremely. Also, the question has been answered a few times over now, and we've not seen another post from OP. Does this thread really need to stay open?

80 posts and already a moderator :P

Tinie wrote: »

80 posts and already a moderator :P
    Har har.

Just annoys me when my input goes completely unheeded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Har har.

Just annoys me when my input goes completely unheeded.

here
    have a free thanks :D

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

here
    have a free thanks :D
    D'aww...

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭BogMonkey

Xcellor wrote: »

lol, I'm not gonna be an arsehole about it, if I get the game installed on my xbox, I don't need a working disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

last time I rented with the intention of installing the game to the XBox the bloody disk from Xtra vision had already been scratched with a proper laser burn and I had to go back and get a fresh disk. I got the you just swapped the disk looks from XV staff and was pretty much accused of swapping it. Moral of the story be sure to check the disk your renting at the counter first. .

Advertisement