Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO to the East?!!!!

Options
  • 17-03-2013 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I am currently looking out the window to the east at a very unusual object that is bobbing and jolting in the air. It looks like a star and flashes subtly... I'm getting the telescope out to get a loser look but there's no guarantee I'll focus on it. It is not moving much so it is not a satellite. I am in Mayo if that helps, I need people to go out and have a look...

Will update soon,

James.

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,162 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

DarkDusk wrote: »
    Hello,
    I am currently looking out the window to the east at a very unusual object that is bobbing and jolting in the air. It looks like a star and flashes subtly... I'm getting the telescope out to get a loser look but there's no guarantee I'll focus on it. It is not moving much so it is not a satellite. I am in Mayo if that helps, I need people to go out and have a look...

Will update soon,

James.

I'm in mayo too, too cloudy to see anything. Lantern maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

Just found out it was Sirius... Sorry guys :)

Mickeroo, I thought it was a lantern first but it wasn't moving much...

Does anyone know much about Sirius being known to move oddly in the sky? It was like as if it was bobbing up and down like a helicopter, nothing I've seen before tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

DarkDusk wrote: »
    Just found out it was Sirius... Sorry guys :)

Mickeroo, I thought it was a lantern first but it wasn't moving much...

Does anyone know much about Sirius being known to move oddly in the sky? It was like as if it was bobbing up and down like a helicopter, nothing I've seen before tbh...
    Sirius was low in the sky so atmospheric pollution and warmer (sorry, not as freezing) air messed up the light reaching you. The result was sirius appearing to move around and flicker.
    You'll find that stars higher up don't flicker as much, if at all.

Advertisement