Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MLG. Anyone watching?

• 17-03-2013 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

So i am watching it, while playing D3 :o. It is final 8 now.

6 terrans, 1 Protoss and 1 zerg left

Last time I played SC2 WoL Terrans were kicking arse, so with expansion it looks like terrans never quit...

Quite sad to see MMM still be the only build for Terrans...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

Its brilliant, has 85,000 viewers on one stream and about 50,000 on the other

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Its depressing that the non-koreans get knocked out so early every single time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

deconduo wrote: »
    Its depressing that the non-koreans get knocked out so early every single time :P

I dont care about that anymore. I am just in love with SC now! :p He kicked Bombers arse! Plus i was a Protoss player myself back in the day! Nice to see Terran tears too!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭murphzor

Yes, glued to the screen all weekend. Amazing tournament, hots is looking phenomenal..

That Flash Innovation game - unreal

• Advertisement

"And here comes our awesome Zerg! Bomber!!!"

Really,love. Who did you **** to be on stage...

When she said: and next with you: Huskov...?

*husky not impressed

Well okay, we will go with that!

Anyway, MC vs bomber, I mean LIFE. Go on MC!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

"And here comes our awesome Zerg! Bomber!!!"

Really,love. Who did you **** to be on stage...

!

EgIncontrol, she's his wife :)

EgIncontrol, she's his wife :)

She should know better then so! :)

Such a cheese in semi finals. That was painfull to watch :(.

Looks like there will be another TVT in finals. Crap...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Such a cheese in semi finals. That was painfull to watch :(.

Looks like there will be another TVT in finals. Crap...

Wut?

Been great so far, just hope we don't get two years of proxy reapers zvt, as predictable as reactor helions.

• Advertisement

It will be ZVT finals unless MC pulls off something amazing here

Sorry sorry. I had a brain fart. Yup it's TvZ!

Protoss like always dead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Flash vs Innovation - game 2 , Best TvT I've seen in years.

Life just beat MC 3-0 , so final will be starting in an hours time if you're interested, Flash vs Life

Final is not now? God dammit. I am working tomorrow so might not have a chance to stay up :(.

No, 3rd and 4th place play first. Final is scheduled for 11pm our time, Best of 7.
    And so given that a match can be up to 20-30mins, and the breaks in between games....it could be a few hours worth

(If you can't stay up, I've a HD pass with access to the VODs, which I can give to you and you can watch them at your leisure ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

My internet has been faulty all weekend and i missed it. I hear it was amazing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the finals is just starting now \o/

That 2nd game , brilliant there from Flash ! :D

I could not stay. Was too tired :(. So who won?!

Life found a way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Any VOD's?

Any games to recommend?

THIS game !!! was my favourite of tournament

They appear to all be available on Youtube now :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialMLGSC2?feature=watch

I just searched google for the "best games of MLG Winter championship 2013" , and on the first link they had some of the games.
    The one I posted above was also the No.1 of the below guy over over http://gosugamers.net/lol/features/3163
    Quoted him below (refers to above linked game)
    Pictures will not do this game justice. A game summary won’t even matter. Forget everything you know about Starcraft 2 TvT, and just watch this game. I’m serious, if you didn’t see this game, stop reading this and just watch it. And if you did, you probably don’t need me to remind you of how incredible it was.

To relate this to any past Starcraft 2 experiences or games wouldn’t be sufficient, because it was a noticeable step up in all aspects. What that means is that it created a spectator experience that I haven’t yet had in Starcraft 2. Not “nukes are dropping” or “he doesn’t see the Nydus” exciting, just two mechanically crisp players fighting at break-neck speeds trying to out-position and outplay each other on incomprehensible levels. I was speechless for a large portion of the game, and we have Heart of the Swarm’s new mechanics as well as these two incredible players to thank.

Advertisement