Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 and 2015 Heineken Cup Finals...

Options
  • 17-03-2013 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Thibault HENRYBusiness_sport
    La finale de la Coupe d'Europe 2014 de #rugby aura lieu au stade de France (finale du Challenge Européen au nouveau stade Jean-Bouin) #Hcup
    Thibault HENRYBusiness_sport
    L'Italie accueillera pour la 1ère fois la finale de la Coupe d'Europe de rugby #HCup en 2015 (Milan à San Siro ou Rome au stade Olympique)

Someone involved with Eurosport France is reporting that Paris will host both European Finals next season; Stade de France for the Heineken Cup and the soon to be renovated Stade Jean-Bouin for the Amlin Cup.

Italy will host the 2015 Heineken Cup Final, at either Milan's San Siro or Rome's Stadio Olimpico.

Hopefully it's true! San Siro would probably be the more impressive venue, plus it hold 10k more (80k vs 70k).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Someone involved with Eurosport France is reporting that Paris will host both European Finals next season; Stade de France for the Heineken Cup and the soon to be renovated Stade Jean-Bouin for the Amlin Cup.

Italy will host the 2015 Heineken Cup Final, at either Milan's San Siro or Rome's Stadio Olimpico.

Hopefully it's true! San Siro would probably be the more impressive venue, plus it hold 10k more (80k vs 70k).

Rome I would imagine and then the Challenge in the FlaminIo.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It's interesting if 2015 has been organised already, given the Heineken Cup's existence isn't set in stone after next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I'd say that's why they are announcing.

Makes it harder to go back. Also, the decision to go to Italy is politically sound. Developing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Do kids under 3 need their own ticket in the san siro. Excitement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Risky holding a game in the San Siro, rugby isn't big enough to be sure of filling that stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Rightwing wrote: »
    Risky holding a game in the San Siro, rugby isn't big enough to be sure of filling that stadium.

It will sell out. Its not locals who buy the bulk of the tickets its the Leinster/Munster/Toulouse/Leicester/AN Other fans who buy them in the hope of seeing their team in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Italy-NZ sold out there. Still, they'd probably hope the final isn't an all English affair, I doubt they'd fill it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Are there not 2 decent stadiums in Rome that they could use? If they hold both finals in the same city they'll fill both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Are there not 2 decent stadiums in Rome that they could use? If they hold both finals in the same city they'll fill both.

Stadio Flaminio? Probably too big for the Amlin though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

It's interesting if 2015 has been organised already, given the Heineken Cup's existence isn't set in stone after next season.

Or it's a case of: "See, we didn't forget you, it's just those dastardly Brits won't let it happen!", while never intending it to be there in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

matthew8 wrote: »
    Italy-NZ sold out there. Still, they'd probably hope the final isn't an all English affair, I doubt they'd fill it.

NZ will always sell out any ground.

I couldn't see a Quins v Clermont get more than 30,000

NZ will always sell out any ground.

I couldn't see a Quins v Clermont get more than 30,000

I couldn't see it at less than 50k honestly. You have the home fans, the travelling neutrals, the fans who bought tickets thinking their teams had a shot, and then of course Clermont have a rabid fan base even when away as those who were at the Aviva in December will remember. I would back Quins to sell their allocation too. Milan's an attractive venue too.

I couldn't see it at less than 50k honestly. You have the home fans, the travelling neutrals, the fans who bought tickets thinking their teams had a shot, and then of course Clermont have a rabid fan base even when away as those who were at the Aviva in December will remember. I would back Quins to sell their allocation too. Milan's an attractive venue too.

I was at Quins v Stade Francais in 2011. There couldn't have been more than 15,000 at it and a lot of them were Leinster fans.

I was at Quins v Stade Francais in 2011. There couldn't have been more than 15,000 at it and a lot of them were Leinster fans.

Well that's the Amlin, and that's in Cardiff. It's quite a big difference. Stade too don't really have a traveling support.

Well that's the Amlin, and that's in Cardiff. It's quite a big difference. Stade too don't really have a traveling support.

Sorry I was confused, thought you were talking about the Amlin for some reason!

Sorry I was confused, thought you were talking about the Amlin for some reason!

Lol I can only imagine the Amlin being held in the San Siro. Edinburgh home game comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Getting to travel with Leinster for the H-Cup final in Italy will totally make up for not making it to the final in our backyard this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭MrDerp

Italy in May? Yes please, couldn't give a monkeys who's playing. Will round up a posse. We'll discuss visas first and, if necessary, bringing WAGs

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭vr7

The ERC havnt reached an agreement on the Heineken cup. Would be better in Edinburgh again. Better location all round

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Bumping this thread as San Siro has been chosen by the Italian Rugby Federation as the venue for the 2015 Final (assuming the Heineken Cup is still in existence by then!)

Source: http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/coupe-d-europe/2012-2013/la-finale-de-h-cup-2015-aura-lieu-au-stade-san-siro-de-milan_sto3822109/story.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,849 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Great call by the italians. Italy v NZ at the San Siro a few years ago was a spectacular looking game, also good accom and transport links around Milan. Possibly difficult to muster supporters together but that can be addressed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I really hope that if a new tournament comes about that they'll still host the final in Italy. Doubt it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Great news. One of the worlds finest arenas IMO.

Are Milan are hosting the Amlin Cup too? The Arena Civica is the only other ground but is very small but over 200 years old - Thank you wikipedia!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Ooh....the San Ciro for the Heineken Cup final.....brilliant! Let's just hope he have a Heineken Cup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Sandwlch

Is San Siro pitch not too small (length particularly)? I know Italy played NZ there a few years ago, but as a soccer pitch it looks very tight to the stands - great for soccer but no spare room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Sandwlch wrote: »
    Is San Siro pitch not too small (length particularly)? I know Italy played NZ there a few years ago, but as a soccer pitch it looks very tight to the stands - great for soccer but no spare room.

Dont have the exact measurements but it looks good to me on the eye here. The Dead Ball line is a little tight i suppose but none more so than Lansdowne Road.

Advertisement