Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get a dental check up with a medical card?

Options
  • 17-03-2013 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

Kind of worried about one of my teeth (and teeth in general).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Yes, as follows:

All medical card holders are entitled to specific dental treatments e.g., a dental examination, two fillings in each calendar year, extractions as necessary. http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/healthpromotion/dental/

And check out the link about how to access local dentist who accepts medical cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Hi, back again:P But does it cover the full cost, or subsidize it? Can you still be charged half, or whatever, amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Galway

Ive had serious issues trying to get correct information from anyone, 4 different dentists with conflicting information and the local HSE office with complete misinformation...........I ended up paying for 2 extractions myself as they werent considered an emergency. Two fillings were covered. Since then my new dentist says I should hav got everything on the MC. Best of luck !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Hi, back again:P But does it cover the full cost, or subsidize it? Can you still be charged half, or whatever, amount?

The Medical Card entitles you to the specified treatments ("a dental examination, two fillings in each calendar year, extractions as necessary") free of charge from a dentist who treats medical card holders.
    http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/healthpromotion/dental/

Advertisement