Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate the race: Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix

Options
  • 17-03-2013 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

So what did everyone make of the season opener?
    I thought it was tremendous and hopefully we'll have more races with lots of drivers in contention at the front, tyre strategy playing a key role...and Kimi winning!
    Roll on Malaysia!

Rate the race 46 votes

0%
    0%
    0%
    30%
    Slutmonkey57bKillerShamrockFirewalkwithmerecyclebinCarroller16frostie500cherryghostRayMFrankie Leesteve_rthe culture of deferenceLaminatorSGLEireIceMan1jcdub 14 votes
    47%
    stevenmudonspeekingleshendplateBeekaytonedefCharlie-BravoEvilMonkeyGhost TrainKevskimickdwvincenzolorenzoSparks43[Deleted User]edgyDaniel SlosthorizonCrackleLionbackerPuginsMax_Charger 22 votes
    13%
    MyrddinGrim.amaccaKaiserGunnerAutosportItsChecoTime 6 votes
    8%
    antodecoLIGHTNINGparttimeNinjaK 4 votes
    0%
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Race = 5
    Kimi win = +2

I gave it a 7. :)

Kimi won so 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Shame the rain didn't spice the race up, action wise it was good enough. Nothing incredible, but definitely not boring either. Kimi winning definitely gave it some clout too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

EnterNow wrote: »

Shame the rain didn't spice the race up, action wise it was good enough. Nothing incredible, but definitely not boring either. Kimi winning definitely gave it some clout too

Perfect summary. I gave it a 7, it could have been a 6. Pity it didnt have a stronger shower or two. Australia is usually better. Ferrari's strategy really shat upon Massa.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Gave it a 6, delighted to see someone else win other than Vettel and it wasnt as boring as i thought it was going to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I'll give Suzi a 9/10....................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,070 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I liked the uncertainty about the tyres and that the less favoured 2 stop strategy won (I think), that might mix things up for future races or until teams get used to tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I liked Maldonado in the gravel spinning his wheels like a Muppet, then blaming the team.

Dickhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Gave it a 7. For a race where they were no safety cars, rain or front runner accidents/failures, it was very watchable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Gave it an 8 mainly because I had missed it.

Still don't like driving around saving tyres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Gave it a five. It was a battle of the tyres. Liked how Sutil stayed in the lead for a lot of it. WOuld have prefered more "racing"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Gave it an 8 because after qualifying and the first lap I thought Vettel was going to win it easy. Great strategy from Lotus and great driving from Kimi.

Massa got screwed over in the second round of stops though.

I love back to back races. Bring on next weekend.

Advertisement