Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transmit analog cctv wirelessly from cameras to dvr unit

Options
  • 16-03-2013 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

before i start, please no rubbish about psa, i am looking to see if this can be done before i go about getting cctv installed (by a registered installer). I want to put 4 cameras up at various outdoor locations around my home and I want to transmit the signal to a dvr in the attic. I have a bid on a second hand cctv system, and all cameras are standard bnc output. Running a cat5 or other cable to the house is not an option. However all locations have power. Any recommendations. I want to have all the kit purchased to save money.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Using separate transmitters & receivers would be expensive. What distances are you looking at & is there a clear line of sight to each camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Camsat ot RDT kit will work.
    Your licensed installer must be desperate for work installing second hand kit bought off the web

Advertisement