Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will Uk uni's care if I do **** in Irish??

• 16-03-2013 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

You see I do 8 subjects and when I go on uk college entry requirements sites it just says eg. AAABBB, there's no way irish will be in my top 6 but I want to know if I fail it or get just a pass at lower level will they find out? Can it change anything? Will it matter if I just neglect it for the LC and barely pass?

Ps. Planning on the top Uk uni's eg Durham

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭TheJak01

If you have an offer for AAABBB, it means you need to achieve those results and nothing beyond that. You can fail your last two courses for all they care. It's not like going to NUI's in Ireland where you require a pass in Irish. They don't put any particular value on Irish, unless of course it is specified in your offer that you must achieve a certain grade in it.

However, might be worthwhile sticking in a bit of effort, they do have a look at your predicted grades, and if they see a D in ordinary Irish in there they may not be entirely impressed. But, short answer, no, they won't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Qwaszx

Cheers, great advice!

Advertisement