Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lil Wayne critical.

Options
  • 16-03-2013 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭

Tmz says that Lil Wayne has been given his last rites.
    Here is a link Lil Wayne Critical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Lots of 'sources' and "we're told that..." in that link. I'm not sure how much I believe.

I really hope that he pulls through. He may make some ****e music now, but I was a big fan once.

Just after seeing these two tweets on this Hip Hop DX article.
    BIRDMAN

My son is in good spirit..feelin much betta...be home soon.YMCMB
    Mack Maine

We will be releasing an official statement shortly but dont believe the nonsense about comas and tubes to breathe...that's false!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

TMZ are starting to back track. Lil Wayne just tweeted which I highly doubt is really him.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    TMZ are starting to back track. Lil Wayne just tweeted which I highly doubt is really him.

And so they should. They're a joke. To come and claim that someone is on the verge of receiving the last rites without any concrete evidence is as low as it gets. Tabloid bull****ters.

I doubt it is him either, but I also doubt that he's as bad as they say in that "article".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Maybe he'll learn his lesson from this and actually gets off that purple drank shít, the stuff has killed many before him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

wayne and ross are the seizure kings, idiots should be looking after themselves no sympathy from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

A muppet that makes muppet music for muppets. Hope he sorts out his life though, he has kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Lots of 'sources' and "we're told that..." in that link. I'm not sure how much I believe.

I really hope that he pulls through. He may make some ****e music now, but I was a big fan once.

My thoughts exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Out of pure interest, not having a dig or nothin just interested, can u give examples of both???

For me he is very hit and miss, tha carter II was my favourite album of his overall, should I go back further than that?

Out of pure interest, not having a dig or nothin just interested, can u give examples of both???

For me he is very hit and miss, tha carter II was my favourite album of his overall, should I go back further than that?

The good - Da Drought 3. I really enjoyed this mixtape. I had to delete it a while back though due to space limitations on my iPod. It was also the first time that I heard Curren$y on a track (for the better) and Nicki Minaj (for the worse).

The bad - his venture into rock music. The less said the better.

The ugly - Everything since Rebirth. His songs are a mess. He was difficult enough to understand a few years ago, but he has become almost completely indecipherable now. He just mumbles through songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The bad - his venture into rock music. The less said the better.

His song with Nikki Minaj, where they are in a locker room in the video, is the worst song I have ever ever heard.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    His song with Nikki Minaj, where they are in a locker room in the video, is the worst song I have ever ever heard.

Thankfully, I don't think I've ever heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Do you think his music still is decent today? (his older stuff) or was it just good back when you were younger?

Do you think his music still is decent today? (his older stuff) or was it just good back when you were younger?

Good question.

I'm not really sure. I haven't listened to Da Drought 3 in years. I'm streaming it at the moment on the train back from London. I've somehow managed to get free wifi. I think I might be in the first class carriage :pac:.

One of the main pluses about a mixtape like that is the beats. They are almost all recognisable, classic beats. I'm currently listening to the song he did with Curren$y over the Dead Presidents beat.

This was one of the main things that I loved about Chamillionaire for years. He was able to jack a beat and kill it.

I'm going to give a guess here and say that I probably like half of the songs. The other half I'll hate.

My taste in and knowledge of rap has changed ten-fold since I last listened to it, so my opinion on it won't be the same.

This is a tune.

The lyrics in it are crazy as well. I think the gremlins line is pure genius:
    And when I was five my favorite movie was The Gremlins.
    Ain't got **** to do with this but I just thought that I should mention.

Wayne can't sing for ****, but I do like this version of Crazy.

I still like his old stuff. Haven't grown out of it. No Ceilings, Carter III and as Jimmy says, Tha Drought III. His Anti-George Bush track is one of the first of his I liked.

Also can't take anything after Rebirth, which is also around the time he went to prison, could have something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

from what i listened to wayne this is the only track that i can safely say i like a lot, love it.

Advertisement