Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

darts in limerick

Options
  • 16-03-2013 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I am recently after moving to limerick and I'm looking for people to recommend some pubs that have some competitions or even nights where there would be a few in throwing. Any help is welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

hi.not alot of darts comps going on in limerick at moment. i know small clohessys do some comps on a monday night. they had one monday just gone,if i had seen ur post earlier i would have let u know. i heard the limerick pub league is nearly finished up so give small claws a buzz on a monday and u might be in luck. went to one or two in my time but havent had time lately. cant think of anywhere else other than that. kennedy o briens have done a few in the past but not too sure lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sharkey 25

hi.not alot of darts comps going on in limerick at moment. i know small clohessys do some comps on a monday night. they had one monday just gone,if i had seen ur post earlier i would have let u know. i heard the limerick pub league is nearly finished up so give small claws a buzz on a monday and u might be in luck. went to one or two in my time but havent had time lately. cant think of anywhere else other than that. kennedy o briens have done a few in the past but not too sure lately.
    Thanks for that. I passed claws earlier and seen the sign up in the window for the tourney last monday, they were closed so I couldnt ask if there was another one coming up. Whats it like ? Just the one board?. I asked a few lads and everyone seems to come up with only a couple of pubs. Claws and the imperial.

sharkey 25 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I passed claws earlier and seen the sign up in the window for the tourney last monday, they were closed so I couldnt ask if there was another one coming up. Whats it like ? Just the one board?. I asked a few lads and everyone seems to come up with only a couple of pubs. Claws and the imperial.

usually just the one board but when they have a comp they usually put up a second board. u get some good players turning up . guy who runs that comp runs the darts league in Limerick so from what I can remember if u say it to him he will take your phone number and u will get a text whenever there is a comp on in Claws and sometimes u will get a text bout other comps i'm limerick. imperial has a ton of darts boards up there. have played up there once or twice. but not sure how often they run Comps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

AFAIK the swan in Annacotty and Reilly's bar corbally play also

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DartBhoy1888

usually just the one board but when they have a comp they usually put up a second board. u get some good players turning up . guy who runs that comp runs the darts league in Limerick so from what I can remember if u say it to him he will take your phone number and u will get a text whenever there is a comp on in Claws and sometimes u will get a text bout other comps i'm limerick. imperial has a ton of darts boards up there. have played up there once or twice. but not sure how often they run Comps.

There was three boards for that comp,they held it in big Claws.. Willie O Connor beat Connie Finnan in final..great standard of darts..always a game in small claws on a Monday nte

• Advertisement

that would have been a decent final to watch, i see that whelans bar on denmark street do comps too on the odd wednesday night . saw that on there facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sharkey 25

There was three boards for that comp,they held it in big Claws.. Willie O Connor beat Connie Finnan in final..great standard of darts..always a game in small claws on a Monday nte
    That's a very high standard. What would the standard be like on a normal Monday night? I want to play a higher standard and hopefully improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DartBhoy1888

sharkey 25 wrote: »
    That's a very high standard. What would the standard be like on a normal Monday night? I want to play a higher standard and hopefully improve.

Just walk in and ask to put your name up..explain your situation and you'll be made feel at home..

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Yea as said before Claws would be the place to go for a few games Mondays. Whelans on Denmark street do a tournament aswell on a Wednesday. Started small but seems to be getting a bit more popular recently as it wouldnt be as high of a standard as the Claws one but still good fun. Both comps are always looking for more people to join in as the more the merrier. Contact both pubs and they will set you right on times etc.

Oh and both are 5euro entry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JohnDevDarts

Just moved down to Limerick and looking to get involved in the local Darts scene. Are Claws and the Imperial still running competitions?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Just moved down to Limerick and looking to get involved in the local Darts scene. Are Claws and the Imperial still running competitions?

Thanks

Yes as far as I know Claws still runs comps . not sure if they do them every week though. The pub league season finish not long ago so I assume they will run more comps over summer. Usually on a Monday . U would be better off giving small Claws a buzz on a Monday night and see if they have any on. Haven't been up in the Imperial for a while but I'm sure they run them from time to time. Problem for me is that most pubs don't never advertise comps that well. So unless you are a local or out drinking in town a lot you might not find out about comps til the last minute or not at all. If I here of any comps coming up il post them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Anyone know if there is any pub league in Bruff or Kilmallock? Really want to start playing again but City is too far for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Im working in kilmallock at the moment and friendly with a girl in a shop that is always on about darts she plays herself

I'll ask her tomorrow what the setup is comfortkid and let you know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Any update for me crazy dash?

Advertisement