Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Science

Options
  • 15-03-2013 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I know there are a ton of these topics, but anyway...

After checking up quite a lot online, it seems that people believe doing a course in Science/Engineering and then Masters in CompSci is a better option that just doing all Computer Science.

I plan on going to UCC, but that still won't be for a few more years. Tbh, I would go straight for CompSci but because I already have a lot of experience programming (Web dev and more advanced languages such as Java, C++ etc, and have done quite a bit of OpenGL - and more to come) - it seems that 4 years might be a bit of a waste and I could benefit more from say a Physics course.

Which brings me to my next point, in general, what courses would allow me to do a Masters degree in CompSci? Besides the obvious one BSc in CompSci, lol.

Thanks! :)

Advertisement