Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timesplitters Rewind

Options
  • 15-03-2013 5:10pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The cult classic shooter series is finally making a comeback. And yes, there will be monkeys.

It looks like Timesplitters is making a comeback on PC only - sort of:
    Crytek, as the current owner of the IP, wasn't impressed enough to justify developing a new installment, but it did the next-best thing: the company gave a team of 25 talented fans official permission to resurrect the series with a new game.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122678-TimeSplitters-Respawns-Onto-PC

I had hours of fun playing multi-player.
    Hopefully it makes its way to consoles(highly unlikely), but either way it will be good to see how they do.
    The project is coming along slowly but surely, with a demo planned to release by December and the finished product available not long afterwards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Had alot of fun with the timesplitters multiplayer and challenges, deffinitely looking forward to this and its awesome how the IP owner has given permission to fans to make this instead of letting the IP stagnate and go to waste. More of that please

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just re-release TimeSplitters 2 in HD and i'm happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Was mad into Timesplitter 2, if it's even close to as good as that was then I'll be a happy camper.

Team Deathmatch with Remote Mines only. Win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Same, Timesplitters 2 still the best console multiplayer FPS ever (I know modern day fanboys will argue Halo3/COD etc....but you're wrong, trust me kids, you're wrong :P )

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I hope they don't screw it up with it being the plan for the game to be 100% free. This will be on my radar all year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I still have timesplitters 2 for the gamecube! I haven't played it in years though, capture the flag on ice station ftw! so much fun

• Registered Users Posts: 81,694 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You could build your own levels and ****, and it was like

lego_land-03.jpg

meanwhile, my other level creating experience was

pic_110.jpg

and I mean after 12 hours in that box, I was just ****ing delighted I got a room with no doors that had a working lightbulb.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

NIce! its gonna look good in cryengine 3

was only thinking about how fun them games were yesterday ^^

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

NIce! its gonna look good in cryengine 3

was only thinking about how fun them games were yesterday ^^

It's not being done in Cryengine, they're going to use the original engine for Timesplitters and update it. I have no problem with this. Just remember the COD games are all based off the quake 3 engine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Just to keep this thread alive (as I LOVE timesplitters 2 /3, still the best local multiplayer FPS game out there) they have announced that a ps4 version is in development :D

Forget all your battlefield 4 and killzone, I want timesplitters 4 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

cross platform play and that looks like cryengine in the video.

http://kotaku.com/fan-made-timesplitters-greatest-hits-remake-is-coming-1269430925

Game is up on Steam Greenlight

Teaser trailer is out , bus seriously don't bother it's 2:30 minutes of absolutely nothing :mad:

All I learned from it was that it is indeed using cryengine, and that was just from the logo at the start, it's got no footage of the game or really anything meaningful at all.

Yeah, but the head community dev seems to have gotten up in some dealy-o with Crytek over it. If you follow the devs on their forum, in the past 4 years all they've done is a few alpha maps and textures most of the guns.

We'll see where it goes but based on the momentum its had before I wonder if it will ever see the light of day.

I would genuinely LOVE to be wrong though.

Advertisement