Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original XBOX Modding help (I may be in over my head)

Options
  • 15-03-2013 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

I just got a modded xbox (I know nothing about the mod) and it plays backup xbox games from DVDs. It does not however play original xbox games from the retail discs !? Anybody any idea why that is ?

So I downloaded a boot cd and ran it. xbox ultimate boot 4.0. I probably shouldn't have been messing around with it because after I formatted E & C (really what was I thinking) and then unlocked the HDD (from the menu on the boot cd) the xbox no longer boots.

It gives error code 13 and sometimes 20. However, it still runs backup games fine ?!

I've almost no interest in running backup games though. I really just want to install emulators on it.

Anybody any ideas as to what I can do now ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

OMG, what are you at? Sounds cool though. Maybe fill the DVD drawer with tin foil and power on????

Seriously though, good luck with the adventure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

corglass wrote: »
    OMG, what are you at? Sounds cool though. Maybe fill the DVD drawer with tin foil and power on????

Seriously though, good luck with the adventure

Do you have anything worthwhile to contribute? :confused:

@OP - why did you format some partitions? You've prob wiped the dash data & possibly its shadow copy too. Not too well up on Xbox modding, someone here should be able to say whats going on

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smliv

Get hemidals engineering disc for xbox it has loads of tools for repairing mods and error 13 means you've more than likely removed the dashboard files or installed dashboard files incompatible with your kernel that disc will reinstall whatever softmod you want or xbmc as a dash i recommend using it to tsop the xbox also if you havent already got a backup of your eprom use disc to ftp in and get a backup because if its only softmodded and if you lose that its a nightmare to get things done, if at all. also you could try to use a xbox game that had live capability and put that in to see if it re-installs the dash live games had an update on them for the dash make sure no Ethernet connected.

Advertisement