Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried

Options
  • 15-03-2013 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Can anyone give advice please. I am presently on invalidity pension and also have an exemption to work on a Community Employment Scheme. I want to withdraw my claim for invalidity pension as I feel guilty getting both. Is this a simple process or will they make a big deal about it and question my entitlement to invalidity pension previously. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

If you have the exemption to do the CE Scheme then you are not getting anything that your not entitled to.
    Eventually your CE schee will come to an end, or maybe your health wil not allow you to continue in the scheme. If you give up your Invalidity Pension now, you will find it extremely dificult to get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Arnt double payments discontinued for new participants.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

details:

Social welfare payments

Since 16 January 2012 new participants on Community Employment (CE) schemes cannot claim another social welfare payment at the same time. New participants are people who have not been employed on a CE scheme in the previous 12 months.

Existing participants on One-Parent Family Payment, Deserted Wife's Benefit, disability payments and widow’s, widower’s or surviving civil partner’s pensions will continue to get their social welfare payment until they are no longer eligible to participate in a CE scheme or they leave the scheme voluntarily.

Otherwise they will keep it until December 2014 which is the final cut-off date for getting a concurrent social welfare payment.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/unemployment_and_redundancy/employment_support_schemes/community_employment_scheme.html

OP you will get the CE rate of €208 and an allowance if any dependent children. When finished on c.e. will return to IP automatically if you haven't found work.

So no need to do anything. Your CE supervisor/fas will sort the paper work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 caad

I just really want to give up my invalitity pension, feel rehabilitated and don't see why I should really collect it,will they accept that, what's the best way to approach it,:confused: help

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

caad wrote: »
    I just really want to give up my invalitity pension, feel rehabilitated and don't see why I should really collect it,will they accept that, what's the best way to approach it,:confused: help
    Get your GP to certify you fit for work.Submit same to the dept in Longford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 caad

thanks, that's a good idea:)

Advertisement