Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few questions about JB and part-time work

Options
  • 15-03-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

1. I've recently signed on for JSB as I've been moved to a 3 day week. However, I've been asked to work two days in one particular week next month (as a total once off). Normally I mark in the 3 days that I'm working, so in this case is it okay to just mark in two and then I'll be paid 3/5's of what I'm due as opposed to 2/5's?

2. I have built up around 18 weeks of contributions I think (it's 13 to qualify if I remember correctly). So do I continue to get JSB as long as I'm working each week or is it now decreasing since I signed on?

3. If I take a holiday day that I'm owed in work, do I still mark in that it was a working day on the docket?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

1. If you are working on 2 days that is what you mark in. If you are being paid for the 3rd day it is holidays and you mark in HP.

2. You need to have 13 weeks contributions after you are 156 days on claim, as you are working 3 days per week it would take you approx a year to get to 156 days. The 13 contributions must be after this date. ( I am assuming you qualify for a 312 claim i.e. 12 months based on fully unemployed.) The length of JB claims now are reduced. If you have less than 260 cons you get 156 days and if you have more you get 234 days. JB is based on a 5 day week, but for each 3 day week you work 3 days are taken from your 312/234 entitlement until there are no days left.

3. Any paid day that you do not work is marked as a HP, which is treated the same as an O.

Advertisement