Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9pm travel from Limerick to Dublin, options?

Options
  • 15-03-2013 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy.

I need to travel from Limerick to Dublin on a Saturday night in April. The earliest I can travel is 9pm. There is zero wiggle room there. The last JJ Kavanagh bus leaves around 5ish. The last Bus Eireann and Dublin Coach buses leave between 8.30 and 9pm, and the last train leaves at 8.45. I need to travel to Dublin's city centre, so buses that only go to the airport are of no use to me. Does anyone have any other ideas? Ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Howdy.

I need to travel from Limerick to Dublin on a Saturday night in April. The earliest I can travel is 9pm. There is zero wiggle room there. The last JJ Kavanagh bus leaves around 5ish. The last Bus Eireann and Dublin Coach buses leave between 8.30 and 9pm, and the last train leaves at 8.45. I need to travel to Dublin's city centre, so buses that only go to the airport are of no use to me. Does anyone have any other ideas? Ta.

You should look for a lift from someone as there is no public transport from Limerick to Dublin after 8.45pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Howdy.

Don't rule out an the option of an Airport only bus, easier to get to Dublin City Centre from the airport than from Limerick.

Don't rule out an the option of an Airport only bus, easier to get to Dublin City Centre from the airport than from Limerick.
    Not on a sunday morning unless you get a taxi from departures.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Aircoach runs 24hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

The last Dublin Coach leaves Limerick at 20:45. Surely you can squeeze in 15 minutes earlier?

• Advertisement

devnull wrote: »
    Aircoach runs 24hrs
    Do they pick up at the Airport for the City Centre? I thought they were not allowed do this?

Edit: Just went to the website and have been educated, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Funkstard wrote: »
    The last Dublin Coach leaves Limerick at 20:45. Surely you can squeeze in 15 minutes earlier?

No I can't. Read my OP. If getting away before 9pm was an option for me, I wouldn't have started this thread. I will be in Limerick for work related reasons. Outside factors are dictating my departure time, and I have no control over them. :(

So is there a bus/coach going to Dublin airport that I am missing? I suppose if all else fails, that would do.

No I can't. Read my OP. If getting away before 9pm was an option for me, I wouldn't have started this thread. I will be in Limerick for work related reasons. Outside factors are dictating my departure time, and I have no control over them. :(

So is there a bus/coach going to Dublin airport that I am missing? I suppose if all else fails, that would do.
    There is a JJ Kavanagh bus at 1am to the airport and you can get the aircoach from there to the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

http://www.jjkavanagh.ie/images/events/Limerick-Dublin%20FEB%202012.pdf

1am bus from Limk to Dublin Airport (there for 4.30am)- but I'd nearly stay over the night instead of getting that bus. Its a hellish journey, the old N7 the whole way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭fullgas

Hire a car and drop it off in Dublin if you really need to be home Saturday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

fullgas wrote: »
    Hire a car and drop it off in Dublin if you really need to be home Saturday night.

+1 www.arguscarhire.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Howdy.

If there is an Airport bus that suits then get it and get somehow ill in Dublin that makes you having to get off in Dublin before you destroy the bus.

Advertisement