Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can CE scheme payment be cut off?

Options
  • 15-03-2013 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

sorry if this is a silly question, but does anyone know can the dole cut off your CE scheme payment? I have been on a scheme since december and before that was on OPF. My CE payment isn't in my account this week, and as luck would have it, the CE scheme supervisor is on holidays til wednesday. I am just worried as I received a letter a few weeks ago from the OPF section of the dole office looking for payslips from the scheme and for a P45 for my other part time job. I tried ringing them as I thought it was a mistake, because i am still working in my other part-time (non-CE scheme) job and so have no P45. I had been waiting for payslips from the scheme and was going to send those, but only just got them this week so hadn't sent them yet. I'm just worries now in case I have messed u my CE scheme payment by not sending the stuff in, but I thought the CE scheme was seperate from other social welfare payments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

sorry if this is a silly question, but does anyone know can the dole cut off your CE scheme payment? I have been on a scheme since december and before that was on OPF. My CE payment isn't in my account this week, and as luck would have it, the CE scheme supervisor is on holidays til wednesday. I am just worried as I received a letter a few weeks ago from the OPF section of the dole office looking for payslips from the scheme and for a P45 for my other part time job. I tried ringing them as I thought it was a mistake, because i am still working in my other part-time (non-CE scheme) job and so have no P45. I had been waiting for payslips from the scheme and was going to send those, but only just got them this week so hadn't sent them yet. I'm just worries now in case I have messed u my CE scheme payment by not sending the stuff in, but I thought the CE scheme was seperate from other social welfare payments.

The CE host organisation pays you not social welfare

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Participant-Wages.aspx
    Effective: 16 January 2012
    New Participants – Rates Effective for new starters from 16th January 2012 Grant €
    Community Employment Participant - Minimum Grant 208.00

Notes

If a Participant’s Social Welfare entitlement exceeds €188, a grant equivalent to this entitlement plus a €20 top-up will be paid.
    For Participants who started prior to 16th January 2012 their CE Grant will have already been determined.
    The wages are paid weekly by the programme sponsor and are liable to tax and PRSI deductions.
    The participants' rates are based on a 19.5 hour week or 39 hours every two weeks (this will be determined by the sponsor in conjunction with FÁS).
    Participants are encouraged to engage in part-time work outside the time spent working on the Community Employment Programme, but are advised to check this and any secondary benefits which are being claimed with their local Social Welfare Office, Health Service Executive and/or Local Authority to see if benefits are affected (for example, lone parents, rent allowance, medical card).
    For further information, visit Community Employment Programme.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭millivanilli

great thanks, must just be a mistake on this end, I'll just have to wait until wednesday when supervisor is back
    thanks again

Advertisement