Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good online courses in networking

Options
  • 15-03-2013 11:00am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent online course with international accreditation on networking? I know it's a broad area but I just want to improve my skillbase and make myself more employable and need something to add to my CV :)

I'm not really sure what specific areas exist and am starting from a base of just knowing how to connect a few machines together and configure a router and want to get to a stage where I'm comfortable with more advanced networking techniques, setting up company LANs etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Can anyone recommend a decent online course with international accreditation on networking? I know it's a broad area but I just want to improve my skillbase and make myself more employable and need something to add to my CV :)

I'm not really sure what specific areas exist and am starting from a base of just knowing how to connect a few machines together and configure a router and want to get to a stage where I'm comfortable with more advanced networking techniques, setting up company LANs etc.

Cisco CCNA. There is an IT certification forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=882

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Nice one, never knew that forum existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Highly recommended -
    http://www.ine.com/self-paced/ccna/bootcamps.htm

The course material here is free - you can just take the exam after at a Vue testing center.
    See you over in the IT certification Forum.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

This one works on tablets which is a massive boost. Nice layout of the course contents also.

Advertisement