Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Robert Emmet Experience

Options
  • 15-03-2013 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

I've been invited by a friend to go see The Robert Emmet Experience in Arthur's Pub. Has anyone seen it? Is it set in the day, or is it a modern play with modern language/clothes?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 theatreireland

It sounds pretty interesting, I'm sure it's set in Emmett's times (see also photo http://arthurspub.ie/events.php ) ,
    He was executed nearby, so it's an appropriate venue. If you go soon, will you post some feedback ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Certainly will do. Didn't realise the real story happened closeby. Will read up on it - amazing how much you forget over the years. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Sorry, I meant to report back but was very busy this week and forgot. Yeah we went to see it last weekend. We did enjoy it. It was a little less than an hour, but well done given the fact that the actors didn't have much space. Maybe if it was longer people might have felt it intruded on their drinking/eating time but I think it worked out well. The audience/customers were sitting close to the action so to speak. I've never been to a play in a pub before but it worked fine. The audience gave a big-hearted response so I guess they enjoyed it.

P.S. Because it was Paddy's weekend there were a lot of horses+carriages around. The sound of the hooves clip-clopping outside definitely was very authentic, if accidental. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CreativeSpirit

Still running in Arthur's Pub, Thomas Street, Dublin 8.

The Robert Emmet Experience is enacted in the actual surroundings where the great Irish romantic revolutionary breathed his last. This is a theatrical presentation of the circumstances and context of his ideals, his legendary love of Sarah Curran and the bravery and courage of Ann Devlin, in a new high-octane, site-specific production overlooking the actual place of execution, performed by a dynamic team of actors and presented by new production company Creative Spirit.

Arthur's is the nearest pub to the Guinness Storehouse, one of the city's foremost tourist attractions, and its elegant interior and friendly staff are popular with both locals and tourists.

Tickets are €12 with €10 Concession prices for OAP's, Students and Unwaged.

Alternatively you can try our Full Experience for €18. This ticket includes, along with seeing the show, a sumptuous Irish meal, with a choice of Seafood Chowder, Beef and Guinness Casserole, or Traditional Irish Stew. We also have a ticket option of €15 for show and a pint. Patrons should arrive at least 45 minutes prior to the performance to enjoy the meal.

Performances are every Wednesday and Thursday at 8pm and Saturdays at 3pm. Special additional performance times can be arranged for group bookings of 15 plus.

Email: robertemmet@arthurspub.ie

Poster5.jpg

See the Promo here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJFXYidJ4oY
    Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USoBb3RT078

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pjoleary

have missed the robert emmet experience last year i heard its a 55mins show wonder is there anyway i can watch the show on dvd or video or download via google or youtube etc am desperate to see as doing research for college thanks pj:);):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement