Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change to Bank account from PO

Options
  • 15-03-2013 2:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

I currently collect my JSA at the nearest Post Office which is over 10kms (20kms drive to collect the dole) away from where I live. However I am now involved in a dispute with the business owner of this Post Office and want to get my payments switched instead to paypath into my bank account.

The next nearest Post Office is 30kms away and I don't go by that area often whereas I am always passing by my "local" post office.

Surely I cannot be expected to drive a 60kms round trip costing me €10/week in fuel?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Forget it. It's not going to happen for a JA payment. Frankly, it's your problem if you don't want to collect at your nearest Post Office, so it's a case of swallowing your pride or travelling to a further location. The choice is yours, but the DSP don't pander to individual whims.

It used to be the case (pre crackdown on welfare tourism/fraud) that you could request a JA payment to your bank account after 6 months, but this is no longer the case.

You can request a change of Post Office, but it's up to you how you get there & how much it costs. Being involved in a dispute with a particular Post Office on a different matter should not affect how they deal with you as a DSP client, as they are acting as agents & have an agreement to do so.

Bare in mind that requesting payment to a PO 30kms away could raise a flag of suspicion as it is, so make sure the reason for your request is put on file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Stinicker wrote: »
    I currently collect my JSA at the nearest Post Office which is over 10kms (20kms drive to collect the dole) away from where I live. However I am now involved in a dispute with the business owner of this Post Office and want to get my payments switched instead to paypath into my bank account.

The next nearest Post Office is 30kms away and I don't go by that area often whereas I am always passing by my "local" post office.

Surely I cannot be expected to drive a 60kms round trip costing me €10/week in fuel?

Any ideas?

Yep, I agree with the other poster. The won't change it to your bank account just because you have a dispute with the business owner of your nearest post office. They will possibly change it to another post office, but how you get there will be your concern, not theirs.

Advertisement