Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man seeking maintenance order in limerick

Options
  • 14-03-2013 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi folks.
    I"m seeking information on a court summons for a maintenance order.
    I am based in limerick. Through research on internet i see you can represent yourself and do not need a solicitor. When i went into courthouse, limerick i was told "we dont do that anymore we only deal with solicitors". A few of the staff were so rude to me. When i mentioned that it says i can represent myself on several sites, including their own, they said "we know it does but we just dont do it". Was i treated so badly because i am a man? It felt that way.
    Can anyone tell me what I can do now. The free legal aid waiting time is very long and I literally cannot afford to support my child alone. I have an appointment with citizens information next week but can anyone tell me how you went about a summons, in limerick, representing yourself. Surely there is somewhere else to go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

The courts staff can not give legal advice. Call to local Free Legal Advice Centre.

Best of luck with your case. Legal Aid may be a wait but they are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Slyderx1

The courts staff can not give legal advice. Call to local Free Legal Advice Centre.

Best of luck with your case. Legal Aid may be a wait but they are very good.
    the main problem is that the staff are bombarded with queries and requests to fill out forms by the lay applicants and this is simply not their job. The lay litigant can if his paperwork is in order have his summons issued served etc and represent himself BUT he/she has to procure this material himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I would also suggest that you should go to the Legal Aid Board and apply for legal aid.

In the meantime, if you really want to take a stab at making your own application, check out the forms in the District Court Rules. Forms from 54.1 to 57.4.

Maintenance Summons.

Order 54, Maintenance of Spouses and Children

Good luck.

Advertisement