Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop to tv problems

Options
  • 14-03-2013 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Can anyone help me?

Im having trouble get my laptop to work in my flatscreen tv. I have sound but no picture. Its a SEG tv and iv tried various different laptops. The hdmi connection is fine as my xbox is working via the hdmi connection.

Iv tried looking at online but my problem doesnt seem to have come up before

Anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

A Fn key combo to enable/disable external displays is not uncommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DwayneThomas15

Yep...most likely an Fn key combination. Check the F keys (F1, F2, F3, etc) for an icon with a computer monitor printed on it. Then press FN + the F key with the icon. Also, check out http://www.cabletv.com/connect-windows-laptop-to-tv for more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DGMS

Thanks for the replies but unfortunately neither have worked.. It goes from no signal and when I press fn and or the f1 button showing the laptop to tv icon I do get sound but no picture.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

DGMS wrote: »
    Can anyone help me?

Im having trouble get my laptop to work in my flatscreen tv. I have sound but no picture. Its a SEG tv and iv tried various different laptops. The hdmi connection is fine as my xbox is working via the hdmi connection.

Iv tried looking at online but my problem doesnt seem to have come up before

Anyone got any suggestions?
    i know you said the hdmi was fine as it works on the xbox. Is this using the same cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Diarmuid46A

hi , try this. press and hold your windows button on your keyboard (the button with the picture of a window on it) and then click the letter "P" button . in the options displayed,first try selecting extend , let it run for a few seconds and then select duplicate. this leaves me with picture on both pc and tv but the sound from the tv only. if it doesn't do the same for your devices, you should play around with all the options displayed in different combinations and sequences . hope this helps .

• Advertisement
Advertisement