Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL Realignment

Options
  • 14-03-2013 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=660138&navid=DL|NHL|home
    any views on this?
    two niggles I have about it
    1st, shame to see the Detroit/Chicago rivalry split by Detroit's move to the East but it makes sense for them to play in their own timezone and also puts them in a Division with 3 other original 6 rivals..
    2nd, Tampa Bay and Florida in Division C.. I can see Tampa Bay doing ok there cos they can hold their own against north eastern opponents but I think Panthers might struggle in this group.. though I could be proven wrong.. also, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me geographically, though I see the need to balance out the weighting of each division...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Florida and Tampa Bay are getting screwed in realignment. They have a very strong East Coast (NyR, NJD and NYI) fan base in their market. Putting them in Canada is going to hurt their already weak ticket sales.

They also are going to be traveling much further, which realignment was supposed to address.

Advertisement