Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP Camera over 3G

Options
  • 14-03-2013 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have just bought an IP camera and was wondering would somebody be able to answer a few questions about working it over 3G (I have tried it via tethering on three on an iPhone but no joy, would plan to use the camera with a mobile wifi hotspot).

Does anyone know of any mobile networks which I could use to connect the camera to, and view remotely, beacuse I've heard you need a static IP, and not many mobile companies offer it. And if there is one, would 5GB a month be sufficient (browsing it occasionally (1FPS @ 640x480)), and possibly timed photos/motion sensor.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Why would you buy an ip camera when you could buy a cheap android phone and download an app to make it act as one?

But to answer your question, it's unlikely to work because of the Nat addressing. Some of them though can be configured to begin up uploading to an ftp site when they detect motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Anthropology

I'd also like to know how to do this. Would a hosted server do to provide a static IP?

Advertisement