Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chartered accountant

Options
  • 14-03-2013 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Do I have to give up my ACCA qualification when I apply for a CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT position?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Do I have to give up my ACCA qualification when I apply for a CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT position?

As in apply for a job or commence training as a Chartered Accountant?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kaholeung62

As apply for a trainee chartered accountant job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

What ACCA qualification do you have?
    Surely if you are a qualified accountant with ACCA you're not going to retrain fully at ACA?

SBWife wrote: »
    What ACCA qualification do you have?
    Surely if you are a qualified accountant with ACCA you're not going to retrain fully at ACA?

I have passed Acca professional exam, just need working experience.

So you don't have an ACCA qualification?

• Advertisement

SBWife wrote: »
    So you don't have an ACCA qualification?

My question is can I apply for a trainee chartered accountant job with Acca professional exam or I have to have chartered exam

You don't need any exams for a trainee position.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

OP

You dont need to be chartered to work or take up a training position in a chartered firm. They should be able to sign off the training records as required.

Hope this helps

dbran

Thanks. Most of the company would provide a training course for trainee. They might not like to employ somebody who doesn't want to be a chartered accountant.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Hey

They dont have to pay for study leave. You should be able to pick things up easily as you have the exams. They will be fine about it.

dbran

• Advertisement

Thanks. Most of the company would provide a training course for trainee. They might not like to employ somebody who doesn't want to be a chartered accountant.

If you get an interview it will most likely be with a CA I wouldn't let them know you don't want to be a CA, just make it clear you want to finish qualifying as an accountant.

Thanks. I always hesitated to apply chartered job

Advertisement