Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering a move to Sandyford View

Options
  • 14-03-2013 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello,

I recently got a new job and am considering a move to an apartment in Sandyford View. It looks a lovely quiet area but pictures can be deceiving. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the area in general; safety, people, LUAS, Marley Park etc.

I would really appreciate your help.

~ Hannah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Hello,

I recently got a new job and am considering a move to an apartment in Sandyford View. It looks a lovely quiet area but pictures can be deceiving. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the area in general; safety, people, LUAS, Marley Park etc.

I would really appreciate your help.

~ Hannah

Hey Hannah,

Approaching from the Marlay Park side of the Grange Road there are four separate complexes side by side up here starting with Ticknock Hill, followed by Rockview; Sandyford View then Bracken Hill on the Kilcross side. I'm in Ticknock Hill myself and love it. Fantastic views, the city in front of you and the mountains just behind you. Blackglen Village Centre is between Ticknock Hill and Rockview and has a Centra, Chipper and Chinese take-aways, beautician, dentists and doctors. Marlay Park is one of the best public parks in Dublin and only a 20 minute walk away. Sandyford Ind Est is about 15 - 20 mins walk depending on what part you're going to. The area is serviced by the 114 which is a bit sporadic but connects to both the Luas in Sandyford and the Dart in Blackrock. To be honest you can manage without a car here but life is a lot easier with one. Dundrum TC is about 10 mins drive, the M50 no more than 5 mins.

Ticknock Hill is a very well built complex and most of the properties are owner occupied while many of the rest are rented out. Generally it's a fantastic area but I've heard of some issues with renters in Bracken Hill / Sandyford View. Also there may be a few unsavouries walking through from Kilcross up to the shops. Nothing major but if you could stretch your budget a little further I would go with TH. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Hannah B. Foley

Thank you for posting MCMLXXV

I think TH is a little pricey, my wages wouldn't stretch to it as this very moment, I was looking at an apartment in the cubes and it's €650 which seems an awful amount. I think if I like the area I can always move once I get a pay rise. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Thank you for posting MCMLXXV

I think TH is a little pricey, my wages wouldn't stretch to it as this very moment, I was looking at an apartment in the cubes and it's €650 which seems an awful amount. I think if I like the area I can always move once I get a pay rise. Thanks again.

It's worth the extra few quid for TH. ;)

Wouldn't be bothered with the cubes. Mad money to live in the middle of an industrial estate. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cjmca

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    It's worth the extra few quid for TH. ;)

Wouldn't be bothered with the cubes. Mad money to live in the middle of an industrial estate. :eek:

I own and live in the Cubes and agree, it is mad money. But it is what spare rooms rent for here, I guess due to proximity to the Luas, gym/supermarket/security on-site etc. Personally, I rent out my spare room for €400PM (renting to a friend), the most I'd ever rent it for is €550. I think anything over €600 is crazy for a spare room in a recession, unless you're getting a large room with ensuite and a balcony, then maybe you could justify it. Ticknock is a lovely area, I'd defo recommend it!

Advertisement