Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla or Wordpress for SEO

Options
  • 14-03-2013 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on which is better from a SEO perspective.
    I'm crating a new website and wondering to use Joomla or Wordpress. Currently have an ASP.net site but it is very complicated and does not seem to have the same functionality and updated Joomla or Wordpress have.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

you can adapt either for the purposes - one really doesn't have the edge on the other as you can set them up to spit exactly the same to a spider.

Personally, and I use both, i tip in favor of Joomla not form an seo point, just from a usability and functional point.

Ask someone else, they'll give you a different answer!

C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

IRE60 wrote: »
    you can adapt either for the purposes - one really doesn't have the edge on the other as you can set them up to spit exactly the same to a spider.

Personally, and I use both, i tip in favor of Joomla not form an seo point, just from a usability and functional point.

C

Ya i would sit on the worpress fence ^^ for exactly the same reasons - its my baby daddy, and will probably continue to use it unless some drastic happens it in the near future.

Meh..

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Perfect Ring

Thanks guys, much appreciated.
    Think an open source package is a better option and easier to get prices for work at a later date.
    Had a bespoke system in the past as was so expensive to make minor amendments.

Open source all the way - its really competitive, so many people versed in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

There's more available for WordPress, bigger developer community, so I go that way. Joomla and Drupal both fairly decent though, but orders of magnitude less popular now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 3sixty

Go with wordpress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

echo WordPress, Joomla is a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭akagaby

IRE60 wrote: »

C
    I agrre

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Wordpress is simple, Joomla is functional and Drupal is comprehensive. Pick your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

soirish wrote: »
    Wordpress is simple, Joomla is functional and Drupal is comprehensive. Pick your own.

I don't agree with that particular choice of wording.

WordPress is user friendly, but "simple" doesn't really describe the power under the hood. It's also got more people using it than every other system - put together.

Drupal is arguably better architectured in the back end, but it's not very user friendly at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭akagaby

Best CMS is probably the one you most familiar with. Joomla and WP are the best out there in my opinion. None of them suitable for top-of-the range sites, but good enough for 95% of websites out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Never heard him comment on Joomla, but according to Matt Cutts, WordPress has "80-90% of the mechanics of SEO built in." He also uses Wordpress for his own blog, instead of Google's own Blogspot, so that has to say something.

But akagaby is also (partially) correct - best CMS is probably the one you're most familiar with.

I say partially because I disagree that WordPress isn't suitable for top-of-the-range sites, however that's for another thread.

Given that you can have your end product displayed in practically the same way under Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, ModX - it's true, go with what you're comfortable with.

Advertisement