Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT on exports

Options
  • 13-03-2013 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello,
    Just a quick question. If I sell a product to an Irish person (or person in EU) I charge VAT at 23%.
    I'm wondering does this apply to Irish company selling to the US or Australia. I know many Irish companies do not charge VAT when selling outside the EU but I am unable to understand why this is the case according to Revenue website.
    Does anyone have info relating to VAT and more specifically, VAT on exports outside Europe? :confused:
    Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Hi

VAT is an EU tax. Therefore goods directly dispatched to a destination outside the EU are zero rated.

Hope this helps

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Perfect Ring

That explains that.
    Many thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 clodaghwatters

Hi,

I am supplying goods from Ireland. Can someone explain what taxes are a non EU member subject to when purchasing from us?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Hi,

I am supplying goods from Ireland. Can someone explain what taxes are a non EU member subject to when purchasing from us?

There are no taxes or duties applicable if you export to a Non EU country. VAT is zero rated on exports to outside the EU and there are no export duties applicable.

Hope that helps

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Registered Users Posts: 3 clodaghwatters

Many thanks for the clarification Rudolf289.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭smeharg

Hi,

There aren't any taxes or duties from the seller's perspective. The buyer may have to declare the goods and pay relevant taxes and duties in their own country on import. What those taxes and duties are will depend on the country, nature of goods, value etc.

Advertisement