Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

foreign children at irish schools

Options
  • 13-03-2013 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

what happens if child doesn't know English, but he/she needs to enroll at irish school. I think it would be very difficult for child to understand and communicate in English with others.
    I want to hope that there are training courses before child goes to school.
    If anyone knows about this issues please let me know.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,165 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

zaza7625 wrote: »
    what happens if child doesn't know English, but he/she needs to enroll at irish school. I think it would be very difficult for child to understand and communicate in English with others.
    I want to hope that there are training courses before child goes to school.
    If anyone knows about this issues please let me know.
    Thanks
    You might do better to post this in one of the education forums, or ask the Mods to move it. It's not really a legal issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,303 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Language supports are available, but realise that they are doing stuff like counting to 20 and how to write the alphabet - not rocket science. Children of that age are the most capable of learning a language and will have some English.

Advertisement