Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

medicine

Options
  • 13-03-2013 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hey guys ( hopefully some med students will see this)
    I was hoping you could maybe give me an insight into what med is like in NUIG, that would be my number one college to go to. I'm a B student (not exactly putting in the work) in fifth year and i need some motivation to get me working towards my leaving!! Maybe your fifth year self could relate to my situation, some advice, tips?/ How much work/study/revision were you doing in fifth year?? Muchos Gracias!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 byrne-himself

Hey Maxwell.

To answer your question, I think its brilliant :) I'm currently studying Medicine in NUIG, and really do enjoy it. It is one of those courses that if you really want to do it, you will really enjoy it. If your not really into the subject and picking it for any other reason you may start to resent the work load.

The positives: You make great friends
    The subjects are really interesting,
    NUIG is a great college to study in
    The med faculty are great
    the city is amazing!

The downsides:
    There is an awful lot of work in medicine....

I was in your exact situation in my 5th year and i had to repeat my leaving cert which is a fairly horrible way to go about it! If you really want to do medicine, get the head down, study hard and if you put in the hours of study your grades will reflect this. If you don't work hard, and keep saying 'i'll do that tomorrow' you wont get there.

Study hard, and you get the benefits of it :)

any other questions fire away!

Advertisement