Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grade 6 Theory Exam ABRSM

Options
  • 12-03-2013 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Right so I was wondering if it's a bit ambitious hoping to get my Grade 6 Theory Music exam on June 15th having never done a theory exam before. I've got my Senior Cert done in practical piano and honours Leaving Certificate in Music about 10 years ago but I know I have a lot to do before June .... 90 days until the exam ... am I mad? Is there too much to do?? I have the books and am starting lessons on Thursday but wanted an impartial input!!

Oh and I need it to get into a course in September ... hence the urgency in doing it in June! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

Theres a lot more analysis and composition from Grade six onwards compared to the preceding grades, you should really get the past papers and 'music theory in practice grade six' to see what you make of it, personally I think you should aim for honors in a grade you feel confident in whatever grade that might be, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ruth_wex

It turns out I only need Grade 6 Leinster School of Music which is considerably (and questionably!) easier than ABRSM so the panic is over!

Thanks for the advice though :)

Advertisement