Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunshaughlin/Ratoath commuting

Options
  • 12-03-2013 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask a quick question... we are looking at buying in the Rathoath/Dunshaughlin area. The hosue we are looking at is about 3km from Rathoath/6km from Dunshaughlin.

Im just wondering what buses are like in the areas. Is there parkign facilities in the towns to get the bus in the morning and evening? Just the houses we are looking at are a bit far from teh towns to walk in the morning and evening.

Also, I know the M3 Parkway is nearby but the train only goes to Docklands which is no use for me, i work in Stephens Green.

Any help would be appreciatied!!!:D

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,591 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

• Registered Users Posts: 13 missmoon99

lxflyer wrote: »

Thanks, but really all i wanted to know is there parking for the buses in either Dunshaughlin or Rathoath? I really wont be getting the train, the bus is a better option for me but would like to make sure I can actaully get to teh bus stop!! :)

Any info on this would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

There is on street free parking in both Dunshaughlin and Ratoath, and in Dunshauglin, its very clear that quite a lot of people leave their cars on steet all day.

I'm not sure if you would get away with parking in any of the car parks (Super Value springs to mind) all day as there is probably a few hours limit.
    You'd eventually get clamped.

There are few rural locations where people park up also. Ross Cross, further out the old N3 is one place I've seen lots of cars parked up, and assume they all got the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Colm R wrote: »
    There is on street free parking in both Dunshaughlin and Ratoath, and in Dunshauglin, its very clear that quite a lot of people leave their cars on steet all day.

I'm not sure if you would get away with parking in any of the car parks (Super Value springs to mind) all day as there is probably a few hours limit.
    You'd eventually get clamped.

There are few rural locations where people park up also. Ross Cross, further out the old N3 is one place I've seen lots of cars parked up, and assume they all got the bus.
    so essentially theres a market for a bus Park and Ride into the city centre from the Dunshaughlin area!
    And a 1200 space car park at M3 Parkway with free (for now) parking and bus stops at the terminal building.
    Just off the motorway/ old N3

Would it MAYBE make sense to run regular bus services from this station + promote them.
    Still, the 111 leaves at 8:00, 8:30 and 9:30 for wilton terrace stopping at Stephens Green from the massive free car park so might be an option.
    Heck, if enough copped onto it from the area that there's a free park and ride then maybe extra busses could be laid on to cope with demand!
    Especially considering that (according to Bus Eireann fare finder) a 10 journey from m3 parkway to Dublin is 32.50 but from Dunshaughlin is 41.00
    Over 48 working weeks thats €400odd saving to be made (some of which obviously is eaten away by the few km extra drive)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

so essentially theres a market for a bus Park and Ride into the city centre from the Dunshaughlin area!
    And a 1200 space car park at M3 Parkway with free (for now) parking and bus stops at the terminal building.
    Just off the motorway/ old N3

There's also a requirement for a park and ride at Ratoath, and Ashbourne, to get rid of the cars that block up the existing (limited) parking and spend nothing in the town. The supermarkets in Ashbourne are now all 2 or 3 hour limits because they were being abused by commuters, so now the local estates are being clogged up instead.

One of these days, we might even see some sensible transport strategies from the gombeens that are supposedly running the country, and some forward thinking that goes beyond the parish pump and the next election.

Ahhhh, was that a purple pig that just went past my window? Yeah, I thought so.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
Advertisement