Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriends 30th Birthday on Paddys Day

Options
  • 12-03-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hi Folks

I've been seeing a special lady for the past year now. It's her 30th birthday so I want to do something special and get something special for her.

I was thinking perhaps getting her a good makeup kit. I've heard a decent one can set you back a good two or three hundred.

She says she doesn't need anything and I believe her. I could buy her clothes but there's a good chance they wont' fit or look good. At least I know she wears makeup and it's expensive and girly so sounds like a viable option.

Activity wise I was going to take her out to town, for dinner, drinks, movie, hotel etc. See the Paddy parade and hang out together all day and night.

Any input would be great, especially from from the ladies, would like to know what some perfect 30th gift ideas would be.

Thanks ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I got a gorgeous watch for mine but I like stuff that I can keep for special birthdays.
    I think Make up is something that she needs to choose herself.
    The rest of your plan sounds perfect but book asap.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

If you are heading to Dublin city centre, definitely book something quickly. Any large towns/cities are going to be mobbed on St. Patrick's Day so plan carefully. Unless you know what brand of make up she usually uses, I wouldn't go splashing loads of money on it in case it's not the one she uses. However, taking her to a nice store (Brown Thomas or Debenhams or something) that sell lots of different make-up brands and telling her to pick out what she wants might be fun :)

Advertisement