Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overly sensitive mics RTE Radio 1 ? Very hard to listen to.

Options
  • 12-03-2013 8:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

I don't know if its just my overly sensitive ears, but I am increasingly finding Morning Ireland and Drivetime really painful to listen to because the microphones are picking up way too much sound.

You can hear papers rustling, breathing noises and even the movement of presenters and guests mouths (not just speech). It's actually quite off putting to listen to.

It also doesn't seem to happen during the news or during other programming. So, I assume its just the way things are configured in one particular studio.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭pdw

Its not just you I noticed this too on morning Ireland. I have switched station it was so annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Des Cahill has been snorting and making weird noises for years

Marian bashing chinaware, dropping tea spoons etc and I am convinced I heard her dragging on a cancer stick

• Registered Users Posts: 33,264 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is Des Cahill's case, nothing to do with the mic's, you'd pick up his snorting if the mic was in the next room!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

This doesn't seem to be any issue with the presenters. Even the most softly spoken presenters' breathing is being picked up.

To me it would seem the mics are either too sensitive or have been placed way too close to the presenters' faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Advertisement

I've asked the mod to merge the threads.

It's particularly awful this morning ! Loud banging noises!

It would be forgivable on community radio with limited funds. Ridiculous on RTE tho!

Advertisement