Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fas grant towards course?

Options
  • 12-03-2013 3:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all :)
    Perhaps a silly question to ask, as I know the most obvious answer is to ask FAS, but whats the deal with fas grants towards courses? In terms of how much do they generally give towards?

I am long term unemployed & I am eyeing up a fitness course. It costs €2400 euro. The training company states they accept Fas grants too. But applying for a grant is a totally new process to me.

So it brings me here :) How much do FAS generally give towards a course? 30% of the fee? 20% of the fee? more? less? - I ask this because i'd like to have some sort of a rough guideline before going through the process with FAS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Anyone? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Anyone? :(
    About €300 afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Budget's been cut then as it was E500 before. Best bet is to call FAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Hi all :)
    Perhaps a silly question to ask, as I know the most obvious answer is to ask FAS, but whats the deal with fas grants towards courses? In terms of how much do they generally give towards?

I am long term unemployed & I am eyeing up a fitness course. It costs €2400 euro. The training company states they accept Fas grants too. But applying for a grant is a totally new process to me.

So it brings me here :) How much do FAS generally give towards a course? 30% of the fee? 20% of the fee? more? less? - I ask this because i'd like to have some sort of a rough guideline before going through the process with FAS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Where do you live?

Sometimes Local Employments Services or Partnership Companies can help too

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Thanks for the reply guys :)
    Was thinking the fas grants had to of been slashed. Government is cutting everything after all.

I'll have a look round for a cheaper course but will contact FAS in any case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement