Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rambo the videogame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Closest I'll go to playing a Rambo game is First Blood on the C64, thank you very much.

This is probably the first game I ever remember playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cant say I've heard about this game. I played the rambo game on the Spectrum though.

Strange that this isn't too far away yet haven't heard much about it. Almost like the new Walking Dead game due this mnth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Only rambo game worth a damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

^^wtf lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Damn, not based on Rambo 4. That's the best and bloodiest one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Straight Outta Ganton

I played it on the Mega Drive. It was a great action game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

bizmark wrote: »

Only rambo game worth a damn

i honestly couldnt tell if that was real or not until near the end :L i would buy it though :pac: although i had no sound ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

It's over Johnny. It's over!

NOTHING IS OVVEERRRR!!! NOTHING!!!
    judge-dredd-stallone1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    i honestly couldnt tell if that was real or not until near the end :L i would buy it though :pac: although i had no sound ha

Should turn on sound and listen to it and all one f jefs lets play's funny funny guy even made the guild 2 funny

Reveal Trailer:

He looks.............different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

looks abit like weird al yankovic

original.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

i know you cant judge a game by a trailer
    but my god it likes ****e haha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

oh look another bow and arrow game like Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3 and Assassins Creed 3

they are even in other mediums like The Hunger Games and Arrow

next season it will be a stick with a nail in it, mark my words

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭ozmo

Skerries wrote: »
    oh look another bow and arrow game like Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3 and Assassins Creed 3

they are even in other mediums like The Hunger Games and Arrow

next season it will be a stick with a nail in it, mark my words

dont forget Skrim, best bow+arrow game :)
    Didnt know AC3 was bows+arrows - got bored after 1+2 - might give it a go now...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

aww its kinda nice their still releasing games for the ps2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Closest I'll go to playing a Rambo game is First Blood on the C64, thank you very much.

The way he's holding the RPG cracks me up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Own up.. who bought it? :D

it's being slaaaamed as one of the worst games of the year already, "worse than Aliens: Colonial Marines"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

it's being slaaaamed as one of the worst games of the year already, "worse than Aliens: Colonial Marines"

Bit extreme. I heard it's enjoyably dumb it not great.

Colon Marines on the other hand is a game with no redeeming features that also manages to **** up the Aliens canon.

Hard to argue for the game when it's being torn up the way it is atm too, I haven't played it so i dunno, but going by whats being said by some reputable critics and gauging it with others, it sounds awful!
    Maybe not 'Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing' bad, but pretty close :D

Reviews I saw we're somewhat positive, it's a crap game they agree but not without its moments. It's a throw back to on rails 80s shooters and honestly it looks like some good dumb fun.

i haven't seen any that gave it over 40%

edit: yeah Eurogamer, just seen it now, gave it 50% :D

Saw Gameinformer video where they play it for 20 minutes, didn't know it was 2 player but while it doesn't seem to be great t does look a bit of fun with some (unintentional) funny moments.

Colonial marines was just dull and gltiched to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

ugh can't get youtube to embed but heres totalbuscuits review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZoC3BIZoYw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ

Put a few hours into this today and its not half bad. There's no denying that its a subpar effort and a gaming relic but there's fun to be had here. The QTE segments are ridiculous and a waste of time, and that every enemy I'd identical is just shoddy on the developers part yet you'll find yourself drawn back to it. The shooting segments are great fun and there's some thrilling moments in the mix that leave you wishing that the developers had made a straight up FPS. With a light gun Rambo really could be a treat, a slice of old school trash.

Advertisement